Tuesday 23 December 2008

Song 23 in F major

Song 23 in F major (mp3 file)

Solo nylon string guitar.

I'm drawing near the end of this project, and I'm happy that I managed to pull it off this far, hopefully without embarassing myself too much.

This one has sort of a classical, christmasy mood somehow, more so than any of the other songs. F major to me is sort of a stately key. I originally fooled around with some sort of ragtime idea, but it wasn't working out. Instead I reverted to one of my favorite tricks: spread-out triad voicings on nylon string guitar. I've been doing so much steel string work so far, so it felt good to go back a little bit. I had to record the guitar through the built-in mic, and I was in a hurry, so it is not the most polished performance. A slight feeling of fatigue is also settling in.

I've got something special coming for you on the 24th, though, stay tuned!

No comments: